- Enjoy an intimate gathering in a beautiful location.
- Gain a better appreciation of plant-based cuisine & foraging for ingredients.
- Learn special culinary techniques & presentation tips.
- Feast on a beautiful spread of whimsical dishes.
- Bond with loved-ones while experiencing something different and unique.
- Indulge in The Duchess cocktails – Floral and Botanical (headache free morning after guaranteed!).
- Take home food and cocktail recipes & stunning images of your adventure.
3 Hours (17hoo – 20h00)
- Wednesday, 14 February ’18 (past experience, see private bookings below)
- Any day by request
SOLD OUT – this event is in the past
Similar private experiences can be booked for any day – min group size 8, or on a quote basis for smaller groups. To enquire email: email@example.com
Lovers of all things gorgeous, outdoorsy, and delicious, assemble! The Eatsplorer team adores a good collaboration, and this one is particularly epic. Our favourite contemporary plant-based magician, Karoline Kristen from Flavamingo, will be joining forces with The Duchess Virgin Gin & Tonic to bring you a completely unique, once-off forage & feast Valentine’s experience in the forests of Newlands.
The Duchess is the coolest new non-alcoholic beverage on the block – a fresh, sugar-free, grownup alternative to the decidedly lame cordial-and-soda vibe that often becomes the refuge of adults who prefer to avoid alcohol. Oh, and it’s based on the classic gin & tonic! What’s not to love? We’ve taken this ready-to-drink marvel for a spin, and we’re happy to report its full-on refreshing and delicious without being cloyingly sweet. Think lashings of juniper overlaid with beautiful aromatic layers of orange peel, all spice, star anise and devil’s claw. YUM. To keep things exciting, a new dame was also recently added to the line-up – the blooming delicious The Duchess Floral. Infused with the natural extracts of primrose, citrus blossom and indigenous honeybush, this botanical beauty is just the ticket if you like your tipple richly aromatic.
All this botanical loveliness pairs wonderfully with the singular foraging excursions led by Karoline, who has the inside track when it comes to finding the most inspiring ingredients in Cape Town’s hidden nooks and crannies. This Valentine’s Day, join her and The Duchess team in Newlands for a stroll through the forest at dusk, where you will gather the makings of a (delicious!) plant-based canape feast before heading to the kitchen to assemble some breath-taking eats.
Three hours from start to finish, this inspiring outing is just the thing for a Valentine’s Day that falls on an awkward school night. Eat well, indulge in guilt-free cocktails and be home in time to emerge bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next morning. Perfection!