- Learn about the history, culture and different methods of wine production
- Off the beaten track farm visits and barrel tastings
- Tour includes wine pairings with artisanal chocolates, cheeses and cured meats
- Visit 5 different wine estates
- Estates include small, private and family wine estates
- Enjoy the day with knowledgeable guides that are passionate about the winelands
- The tours include vineyard and cellar tours
- Tasting includes a variety of bubbles, white, red and dessert wine
08h00 – 17h00
Monday to Sunday (every week)
R750 per person (Max 13 people per vehicle, max 60 per tour)
It’s self-proclaimed Lord of the Wineflies Francois van Binsbergen and his team’s mission to take the snobbery and pretension out of wine tasting, and instead making it a fun, interactive and informative experience you’ll want to tell your friends about.
With this experience, their company Wineflies does just that. It’s a day-long adventure covering five Stellenbosch wine estates – some well-known, others slightly off the beaten track. You’ll get to meet the winemakers, take vineyard and cellar tours, learn how to perfect the five wine tasting S’s (see, swirl, smell, sip, savour) and treat your taste buds to some amazing wine and food pairings.
Highlights include a stop at Remhoogte, where you’ll get to sample 5 of their wines along with 5 different artisanal cheeses from local cheesemakers Dalewood (who knew Pinotage went so well with olive Brie?) while watching the estate’s springbok and zebras grazing in the distance; a real boerebraai (South African-style barbecue) at Middelvlei, where you’ll have a chance to taste wine straight from the vat; a stop at Lovane Boutique Wine Estate where their small-batch wines will be paired with artisanal chocolates from Cape Town’s bean-to-bar champs Cocofair (Cabernet Sauvignon with 60% dark chocolate with strawberries and raw cocoa nibs, anyone?); and a Cape Vintage Port tasting at Annandale.
And there’s no worrying about driving, either – you get shuttled between the estates and deposited back at your venue of choice. So, all you have to do is enjoy the day. And we think that’s pretty much guaranteed.