- Taste 4 different handcrafted artisanal gins
- Enjoy a guided experience with distillers, with an overview of the distilling process and brief background on what makes gin “gin”
- Sip perfect serve G&Ts overlooking the distillery floor
- Each G&T accompanied by small bites
- Guest appearances by distillery cats and rescue pup
18h00 – 20h00 (+/- 2 hours)
- Wednesday, 6 September 2017
- Wednesday, 4 October 2017
- Wednesday, 1 November 2017
Did someone say gin o’clock? Step into what is arguably one of Cape Town’s coolest artisanal gin distilleries – and one of the only ones in the world that distills its base spirit from barley – for an experience that’ll blow your mind (and gin-lovin’ taste buds).
Over the course of two hours, owner-distillers Lucy Beard and Leigh Lisk, along with distillery cat Mimo, distillery-cat-in-training Martini and rescue pup Mr Scruff, will offer you the inside scoop into the whole artisanal gin-making business, from the ingredients they start off with to the magic that happens in their two gorgeous stainless-steel stills, Mildred and Maude.
But it’s not just all talk. To help you get a handle on it all, you’ll get to sample four of the hand-crafted gins in their range – including their very first, the classic London Dry, the Salt River, which is infused with the local herb, kapokbos, and the Mediterranean, infused with olives, rosemary and basil – in perfect-serve gin and tonics. Made with local, artisanal tonic, each of the drinks will be customised with different garnishes to showcase the unique characteristics of each gin style. Bet you’ve never thought of garnishing your G&T with twist of grapefruit and sprig of thyme, have you?
Helping you keep a level-ish head, there’ll be snacks provided, but Lucy and Leigh strongly recommend organising a taxi or Uber home. After all, when it’s this amazing, it’s hard not to drink all of the gin, and then some.